- Almost 50% of high-school students self diagnose moderate to serious levels of psychological distress.
- 2nd leading cause of death for teens in Canada & the U.S.
- 6700 youth age 10-24 die prematurely each year in Canada and the U.S.
- Teen/Youth suicide rates have tripled since 1970.
- 70% of mental health problems have their onset during childhood or adolescence.
- 3.2 million 12-19 year-old are at risk of developing depression.
- Mental disorders in youth are ranked as the 2nd highest hospital care costs.
- Depressed teens are more likely to have trouble in school/work, struggle with relationships, and have higher rates of pregnancy/sexually transmitted diseases.
- 49% of those who have suffered from depression or anxiety have never seen a doctor about the problem.
- Teens who reported strong spirituality were more likely to be in complete mental health.
What we believe
EVERY Student matters!
Our mission is to ensure that no student ever feels like their life is worth giving up.
The alarm clock is going off and it is time to wake up and do something!
Let’s be intentional about what we do and how we do it.
Let’s share insights and stories that inspire HOPE, we are in this together.
Motivational Speaker & Founder
Michael has spoken at over 500 events around the world to over 100,000 students, parents and teachers. He was the recipient of the Shepard Leadership Award in 2016, and has spoken at Teacher conferences, schools, grad retreats, parent conferences and corporate events.
I came to the retreat today with my head down, but I left with it up and with hope. Listening to your speech and your life made me feel like you knew what I was going through. It made me feel like there was still hope and good things to look forward to in my life. It made me never want to do drugs again.JordiStudent
I just wanted to thank you for how much you changed me. I really took for granted how much my family loves me and you opened up my eyes that. Thank you for making me feel like I really do have a purpose in life, and that is to be myself.AlyssaStudent
Thank you for reminding me to take a breath, look around me, and say THANK YOU. To take the time and SEE my students for who they are. Thank you for reminding me how hard my life was in Grade 11 and I can’t keep assuming all these kids have it together. And thank you for showing me how to be there for them when they need it.AnonymousGrade 11 Teacher
I had no idea what to expect. As a parent I need help and everything that was talked about helped me more than you will ever know.Anonymous2016 Parent Conference attendee
Your stories and humor that you incorporated into your talks were wonderful. It helped me relate. I pledge to you and the entire world, that I will try my best to be myself. I will no longer be afraid of judgment.MatthewStudent
Thank you for everything. The afternoon was so inspiring thanks to you. You made us laugh and some of us got emotional. Thank you so much!AlexisStudent
I'm so glad I was able to see your presentation. At first I didn't think I would like it, but as soon as you started talking I had so much fun. All the things you said were so funny. I am definitely going to encourage my parents to come. They would enjoy it.RyanStudent
Thank you so much for this presentation. I really enjoyed your enthusiasm and personality. You helped me with something.AnonStudent
I have been having suicidal thoughts recently and you helped me build self-esteem and made me feel like I have a purpose. KEEP doing what you are doing... and Thank you.